Web Toolbar by Wibiya
Showing posts with label NATO. Show all posts
Showing posts with label NATO. Show all posts

Tuesday, 26 July 2011

G8 NATO Summit: USA Chicago Police Plans Mass Arrests Mobilized 13,000 Cops For Trains



NATO North Atlantic Treatmen Organization NAZI Criminals
NATO Summit: Chicago Trains 13,000 Police For Mass Arrests

Garry McCarthy to NATO, G-8 protesters: Police will be ready

By Frank Main

Chicago Sun-Times

-Joe Iosbaker, spokesman for the United National Antiwar Committee, said Thursday that he was scouting marching routes to McCormick Place, where he said the city might host the summits...“People are saying this will be larger than our RNC protest, which drew 30,000 people,” Iosbaker said, referring to the 2008 Republican National Convention held in St. Paul, Minn...About 50 groups have pledged their support for the demonstrations against NATO and will hold a planning meeting in Chicago on Aug. 28, Iosbaker said.

Battle lines between protesters and the poli ce are already being drawn for the NATO and G-8 summits that Chicago will host next spring.

On Thursday, an anti-war organizer said he was scouting potential staging areas for crowds of protesters expected outside the summits in May.

Meanwhile, police Supt. Garry McCarthy said he’s been planning for three weeks. And he put a deputy superintendent, Debra Kirby, in charge of preparing the Chicago Police Department’s response.

“We have to train for mass arrests,” McCarthy said. “We have to train 13,000 police officers in arrest procedures and containment procedures. At the same time, we will not stop patrolling the city.”

McCarthy said he will send representatives to Pittsburgh and Seattle to learn how those cities dealt with massive protests. In Seattle, about 35,000 people protested a World Trade Organization meeting in 1999...There were violent clashes between protesters and police in Pittsburgh during a G-20 summit in 2009.

McCarthy said he is working with the U.S. Secret Service, State Department and other federal agencies to plan for the protection of the foreign dignitaries who will attend the summits here.

On June 22, President Barack Obama announced the high-level meetings were coming to Chicago — after Obama was lobbied by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, his former chief of staff.

...

The summits will be held from May 15-22. Chicago is the first U.S. city other than Washington to host a NATO meeting. The Group of Eight industrialized nations will meet here at the same time.

Joe Iosbaker, spokesman for the United National Antiwar Committee, said Thursday that he was scouting marching routes to McCormick Place, where he said the city might host the summits.

Iosbaker said he already sought permits for protesters to gather downtown at Daley Plaza and the federal plaza. He said he also may seek a permit for a staging area in a lakefront park.

“People are saying this will be larger than our RNC protest, which drew 30,000 people,” Iosbaker said, referring to the 2008 Republican National Convention held in St. Paul, Minn.

His group is planning for protests on May 15 and May 19, but he said he expects other coalitions will stage separate actions, too.

“I think there will be some synergy as the movement against corporate globalization comes together with the anti-war movement,” Iosbaker said. “Our slogan is ‘jobs, healthcare, education, housing — not war.’ ”

Iosbaker said he is hoping for a peaceful demonstration that will result in no arrests.

“We want our marches and rallies to be things that people can bring their children to,” he said. “We want everybody who wants to say something to these heads of state to be heard.”

About 50 groups have pledged their support for the demonstrations against NATO and will hold a planning meeting in Chicago on Aug. 28, Iosbaker said.

“We intend on having our rights respected — our rights to assemble, to speak and to march,” he said.

Last year, Iosbaker’s Logan Square home was searched by FBI agents in an “investigation into activities concerning the material support of terrorism.” No charges were filed against Iosbaker, who said the raid was an effort to stifle his war opposition.


Stop NATO e-mail list home page with archives and search engine:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stopnato/messages

Stop NATO website and articles:
http://rickrozoff.wordpress.com
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=25646


Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
Link Directly To This Post :

Link To The Homepage :
Subscribe in a reader Follow rtotalglobal on Twitter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, 22 July 2011

Anonymous Hactivists Hackers Hacked NATO Servers Promise Release Leaked Documents



NATO hacked by Anonymous


Hackers from Anonymous claim to have lifted 1 GB of data from NATO servers.

Computer hackers working for the activism collective Anonymous announced today that NATO has been the target of their latest Internet punishment against the evil system.

In a tweet today from the hacktivist group responsible for such high-profile infiltrations as ones perpetrated again Mastercard, Visa and PayPal in the past, Anonymous announced that, “Yes, we haz [sic] more of your delicious data.”

Anonymous doesn’t intend on disclosing all of what they’ve lifted from NATO servers, however — that, says the group, would be “irresponsible.” So far they have only released a single PDF file of a document headed with the message “NATO Restricted” dated to August of 2007. The group has hinted that some of the info will be leaked in the days to come.

The group notes that they have obtained roughly 1 GB of computer data.

One spokesperson for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization tells the Telegraph that it is investigating the claims. "We strongly condemn any leak of classified documents, which can potentially endanger the security of NATO allies, armed forces and citizens,” says another NATO spokesperson that would not be named by the AP.

While law enforcement officials and investigators worldwide are largely condemning an attack on such an established and powerful institution, Anonymous has fired back, taking a jab at the operations of associated governments. In a document released in conjunction with fellow hackers LulzSec today, Anonymous responds to a message from FBI Deputy Assistant Director Steve Chabinsky in which he calls Anonymous’ actions “unacceptable.”

“Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell you what WE find unacceptable,” responds Anonymous.

The hackers add their own complaints against “the FBI and international law authorities” include “Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece” and “Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.”


“We become bandits on the Internet because you have forced our hand,” write the hackers. “The Anonymous bitchslap rings through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s. We're back – and we're not going anywhere. Expect us.

Anonymous offshoot LulzSec has previously attacked the computer servers of the CIA, Senate and SONY, among others. On Monday they hacked the website of News Corp’s The Sun and earlier today revealed that they would be releasing emails obtained from the servers of News of the World.

Source: RT RUSSIA TODAY USA News NATO hacked by Anonymous


Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
Link Directly To This Post :

Link To The Homepage :
Subscribe in a reader Follow rtotalglobal on Twitter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...